Kaleidoscope Online is a monthly publication that provides an artistic and literary forum for persons with lived experience. It also assists family members, caregivers, professionals and students in gaining highly personalized insights into the recovery process. Participating artists contribute significantly in breaking down the stigma associated with mental illness.
All submissions are created by persons with lived experience with mental health issues and/or family and friends. It all comes together for an online publication which celebrates the self-expression of local talent.
Submissions will be accepted on an ongoing basis.
“Works selected for Kaleidoscope represent a truly unique perspective of the literary landscape.” (Henry Peters, founding Editor)
- To increase awareness of the individual’s role in recovery.
- To create an adaptive way for individuals with mental health experiences to express themselves through artistic endeavors.
- To raise provincial, national and international awareness of mental health issues.
- To help combat stigma associated with mental health issues.
- To strengthen the vitality and spirit of the creative arts in our community.
We’re always looking for ways to expand our site and would love to hear your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Background Artwork: “Overseas” by Artbeat Alumnus Clint Roscoe